The aim of insuring yourself or your car is to make sure that in case of an accident, the insurer will compensate for the damages. The risks that you insure your car against are speculative and they might never happen at all but if they occur then, the process of claiming for the competition is well elaborated. The process of claiming your accident insurance especially for a car is very critical and all steps must be followed keenly. Here are the five main steps that if followed to the letter, then you are guaranteed to have your claim compensated.
1. Call your Insurer
• This is the initial stage of starting the claim officially and should be done immediately after the accident have occurred.
• You may file the claim under your own collision coverage or against another driver if the accident was caused by another person.
• Make sure that the representatives of the insurance company have visited the scene to assess the accident.
2. Gather the evidence
• You must present enough evidence to prove that the accident was not intentional. Without this you can lose you compensation claim easily.
• If you have filed an auto accident insurance where you are blaming another drive, then you must show that the driver was at fault and he should be blamed for the accident.
• This can be achieved by having the pictures from the scene, check the driver accident report, statement from the witnesses who were at the scene. Remember that the amount of money that you will be compensated will be equal to the percentage of blame assumed by the driver.
• If you have filed the claim under your own collision coverage, you have to come with concrete and sufficient evidence to show that the accident was not intentional.
3. Determining repair cost estimate
• After you have proven your case and the insurer agrees to take the liability of the agreed percentage, then the cost of damages are determined by the authorized and qualified repair shop.
• Make sure that the cost of the replacements is of the factory price. This will shield you from the extra cost that might emanate from under-pricing during the cost estimating.
• Take a copy of estimate and give it to the insurance company. Make sure it is well detailed and elaborate to the finest details to avoid confusion and also remember to include the cost of labour.
4. Insurance Claim Adjuster
• After the insurance company has received your damage estimates, they will assign the claim adjuster to deal with your case.
• If he agrees with your estimates then you will be compensated and your car will be full repaired. If it happens that the cost of repair is more than or equal to the initial cost of the car, then the insurer might think of buying a new one.
5. Signing a Property damage release form.
• After the insurer has agreed to settle the claim, you will be required to sign this form to show that the claim is settled.
• This will shield the insurer from further damage compensation from the same accident.
• Once you have signed this form you cannot claim anything from the insurer and it marks the end of your claim.
These are the very simple steps that you can follow to make a successful car accident claim. Remember to always observe the road rules and if you feel like you need some more knowledge, take a driving test questions on theorytest.uk.com for more question.